Vista Brewing is seeking a part-time Cellar Operator to join our close-knit team and uphold Vista’s company values of Integrity, Intelligence and Inspiration.
The position is 25-30 hours per week to start, which will likely grow to full time in 2021. Currently the role is structured with 3-4 days in the brewery and one day per week making deliveries to accounts and Vista’s satellite Tasting Room. Ability to pick up shifts in our Tasting Room if desired. This would be a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience and progress to an entry level brewer, or a graduate from an accredited brewing school seeking an opportunity to grow. The ideal candidate would be hard working, creative, with the desire to learn and help manage brewing operations once fully trained.
If you’re up for a fulfilling new role and would like to work in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, we’d love to meet you! Please submit your cover letter, resume and references via the email linked here.
We will reach out to candidates to schedule initial interviews and are looking for the candidate to start March 1.
- Experience working craft beer focused establishment, preferably in a brewery
- Knowledge and passion for the craft beer industry and brewing operations
- Good attitude, team player mentality and an honest work ethic
- Mechanically inclined
- Detail oriented
- Meticulously clean
- College degree preferred
- Clean driving record
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean/organize brewery weekly
- Clean Kegs
- Perform Keg Machine maintenance
- Mill Grain as needed
- Maintain Mill and perform maintenance
- Rack beer as directed by Brewmaster
- Clean Fermenters/Brite/Serving tanks
- Carbonate finished beer as directed by Brewmaster
- Assist with packaging of finished beer
- Cleaning and organizing of Cold Room
- Biweekly cleaning of beer lines and proper record keeping of cleaning
- Keeping proper PAR levels for kegged beer
- Kegging beer for Wholesale account
- Coordination of pulling beer for Wholesale deliveries
- Coordination of Barrel Club pulls and organization of Club beers
- Shipping/Receiving as directed by Brewmaster
- Forklift operation and maintaining maintenance of forklift
- Up to date record keeping
- Lead guests on brewery tours
- Represent Vista at events in the market
- Availability to assist with onsite events
- For the immediate future, this role will fulfill wholesale and intra-company (Bee Cave) deliveries one day per week
- Ability to lift and move 150# kegs
- Be on their feet for up to 8 hours a day
- Tolerate extreme cold, hot, wet, loud conditions
- Safely handle chemicals
- Safely work around machinery and moving parts
Benefits and Perks
- Ongoing training and development, including certification courses and ongoing training as a brewer with the Brewmaster
- Attractive hourly rate
- Positive and fun company culture, including team building activities
- A beautiful work environment, including Hill Country sunsets galore!
- Free beer!
Vista Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About Vista Brewing
Vista Brewing is a destination brewery in the beautiful Hill Country town of Driftwood, just southwest of Austin, at the gateway to the Texas Wine Trail. The 21-acre ranch includes a brewery, elevated tasting room, farm table kitchen, organic farm, apiary, live music venue and multiple private event spaces.
Vista’s beer program celebrates traditional recipes using Hill Country ingredients, with a range of styles including easy drinking beer garden brews, unique collaboration projects and an award-winning wine barrel aging program. Vista also offers a curated selection of wine & cider along with a full lunch and dinner menu. Vista recently opened a second Tasting Room in Bee Cave, bringing the same “Fresh Air, Fresh Beer” feel to the Hill Country Galleria.
Vista Brewing was named “Best New Brewpub in Austin” from the Austin Beer Guide in 2018 and “Brewery of the Year” from CultureMap Austin in 2019. Vista won “Best Limited Release Beer” from the Austin Beer Guide for two years in a row for Rosanna (2018) and Stonewall (2019). Stonewall (2020) and Hive Mind (2021) were awarded a Good Food Award, which takes into account local sourcing of ingredients and sustainable business operations.